2020 is an exciting year for MAD and we are looking for someone to join our team and help run our foraging program VILD MAD. MAD is a fast-paced, non-profit organization founded by chef René Redzepi, that inspires and empowers cooks, servers, and eaters to create sustainable change. From luminaries in the field to young apprentices, we’re connecting individuals and equipping them to make a difference in their restaurants and the world.
We are searching for a Project Coordinator to work closely with VILD MAD’s Program Director in developing and running the program. This is a full-time position based in our Copenhagen office, starting soon as possible. We are offering the possibility to become a part of and help shape a truly inspiring program. At MAD, you will get to work in a value driven organization with one of the most expansive and interesting networks across the hospitality world, where excellence and ambition is part of our DNA.
The ideal candidate has 2-4 years of experience in project coordinating, preferably with a background in or relating to food or tech or nature and sustainability. We are looking for a self-motivated and organized person with a creative mind able to think and work on both a practical and strategic level. As our team is quite small, the candidate will partake in every part of a work process, from ideation to execution. This requires someone with entrepreneurial drive, who can get excited about ideas and feel the urge to see them realized, but also has the tools and focus to plan, execute, and follow through to see a finished product. Because the position requires regular interaction, conversation, and writing in Danish, it iss required that the candidate be fluent in written and spoken Danish.
About VILD MAD
Foraging helped shape the flavors and philosophy of Noma’s kitchen, and we believe it is an incredible tool for people to discover new flavors and explore the connections between nature and food. From this idea we built VILD MAD, a comprehensive program for the public to learn about and explore their local landscapes through wild food. We work to change the mindset of the public and reconnect people with nature. The initiative comprises: a foraging app; a website rich in ingredient resources and recipes; a training program for nature guides who lead foraging trips for the public; and a school curriculum that equips teachers to teach foraging to their students.
Drawing on the current success of VILD MAD, we are embarking on a wide range of exciting projects including the development of new features for the VILD MAD app, a collaboration with Danish Nature Parks, and the creation of a national foraging campaign to get all of Denmark foraging. We don’t go foraging every day, yet we work hard to build programs for people to go foraging themselves.
- • Work closely with the Program Director to support the daily needs: scoping, planning and executing on tasks, sparring on both practical and strategical matters, assisting in creating and managing budgets, as well as meeting deadlines.
- • Assist with the development of VILD MAD projects, events, digital concepts, content, communication production, and copy
- • Independently lead parts of the program, running processes and managing timelines etc.
- • Support project management of app and website execute on online strategy; update the digital platform with new content; copy and quality check ad hoc.
- • Manage stakeholder relationships. You will be involved in making sure that our stakeholders are heard and that they are an integral part of all our activities.
- • VILD MAD general operations: set up meetings, assist with note taking and drafting reports, partake in brainstorming sessions and workshops, help with admin and logging receipts.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- • Natural written and spoken communicator in both English and Danish
- • Excellent planning and organizational abilities
- • Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with all levels in the organization
- • At least two years relevant work experience in project coordinating
- • Experience managing projects start to finish; and ability to manage complexity
- • Dexterity in working with a wide variety of tasks in different areas of the organization
- • A drive to learn about food, foraging, and environment
- • Focus on quality and excellence throughout work
- • Experience with budget management
- • Proficient in MS Office programs, Google Drive, and Slack. Proficiency in Adobe Suite, WordPress and CRM platforms is a plus
- • Familiarity with the food industry and Danish natural landscape, pre-existing network in Denmark is a plus
- • Experience in event management, communications, or product development is a plus
- • Driver’s license is a plus
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements by December 15 to Mikkel-Lau Mikkelsen at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: VILD MAD Project Coordinator.