VILD MAD Internship: Winter 2020
2020 is an exciting year for MAD and we are looking for an intern to join our foraging program, VILD MAD (wild food). MAD is a fast-paced non-profit organization founded by chef René Redzepi, that inspires and empowers cooks, servers, and eaters to create sustainable change by equipping them with tools to face the most pressing issues surrounding our food systems and make a difference in their restaurants and the world.
We offer an unpaid, full time internship working in the VILD MAD program at the MAD offices for a period of at least three months, starting January 2020. An internship with us offers insights into the world of gastronomy, innovation, sustainability and foraging. The ideal candidate should have a passion for food, an interest in the digital realm, a talent for writing, and basic skills in project management. The internship is best suited for students doing their Masters, but we consider and review all applications we receive and encourage anyone with a strong interest in food, innovation and environment to apply.
About VILD MAD
Foraging helped shape the flavors and philosophy of noma’s kitchen, and we believe it can be an incredible tool for people to get acquainted with their landscape, discover new flavors, and explore the connections between nature and food. From this idea we built VILD MAD, a comprehensive program for the public to learn about and explore nature through wild food. The initiative comprises:
- • A foraging app
- • A website rich in ingredient resources/knowledge/information and recipes
- • A training program for nature guides who hold foraging trips for the public
- • A school curriculum that equips teachers to teach foraging to their students
Drawing on the current success of VILD MAD, we are now embarking on a wide range of exciting projects including the development of new features for the VILD MAD app, a collaboration with Danish Nature Parks, and the creation of a national foraging campaign.
The VILD MAD Internship
We consider interns to be integral members of the team who take responsibility in leading small projects while contributing to team meetings and brainstorming sessions. At VILD MAD, you will work on project development, planning and execution of events, copy and content writing, digital dimension of VILD MAD, and supporting our general operations. Few days here are the same. You could be helping with updating our website, drafting emails and reports for our stakeholders, and assisting in the organization of an event. We don’t go foraging every day, yet we work hard to build programs for people to go foraging themselves. This position requires the ability to work both independently and as part of a team as well as a high level of flexibility to adjust to change–which is nothing but fun and highly educational as it gives the opportunity to acquire a robust skillset. The internship provides two meals–a light breakfast and lunch–during the day. We expect all interns to be able to use their own computer and phone during the internship.
The role will involve a variety of projects and tasks that will allow you to take part in most aspects of VILD MAD operations. In general, the internship covers the following fields of work:
- • VILD MAD’s digital platforms. You will be analyzing the data of our website and the app, updating the website with new content, copy and quality check ad hoc, re-organizing our database and keeping our Trello always updated
• VILD MAD’s ongoing development. You will be assisting with the development of digital concepts, projects and events, content, communication production and copy
• Planning and executing a series of events that go from training nature guides to planning national campaigns and participating in several festivals around Denmark to promote the VILD MAD program
• Managing stakeholder relationships. VILD MAD is based on a grand network of individuals and organizations. Maintaining relationships is crucial for the development of the VILD MAD program. You will be involved in making sure that our stakeholders are heard and that they are an integral part of all our activities
• VILD MAD general operations. At VILD MAD tasks can change on a daily basis, so jobs may include setting up meetings, assisting with note taking and drafting reports, taking part in brainstorms and workshops, helping with admin and logging receipts, organizing storage and keeping it updated. Generally speaking: making the organization run smoothly
Qualifications & Skills
- • Natural written communicator in both English and Danish — written and spoken
• Able to distill complex ideas in engaging, inclusive, and fun ways
• Dexterity working with a wide variety of tasks in different areas of the organization
• Educational experience can vary from environmental sustainability and food studies, digital development and communication studies, to business and administration management
• Experience in front or back of house restaurant roles is a plus; sense of hospitality is highly appreciated
• Familiarity with gastronomy and the food industry, pre-existing network in Denmark is a plus
• Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with all levels in the organization
• Proficient in MS Office programs, Google Drive, and Slack. Proficiency in Adobe Suite, WordPress and CRM platforms is a plus
• Able to use own computer and phone for work
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com before November 15th with ‘VILD MAD Intern – Winter 2020’ written in the subject line.