MAD Internship Fall 2019
MAD is seeking an intern to join the team in the Fall for at least 3 months, ideally longer, starting September 2019. We offer an unpaid full time position, including meals during the day, located at the MAD offices in Copenhagen, Denmark. As our internship structure is designed with a focus on university students, the proposed time of the internship (September to January) is the regular length of the Fall semester at Danish universities. This, however, does not mean we are exclusively looking for students. We consider and review all applications we receive and encourage anyone with a strong interest in food and gastronomy to apply.
An internship with us offers the opportunity to experience a fast-paced and creative non-profit organization; to get insights into the world of gastronomy and food at large; and to learn, listen, and discuss contemporary topics and ideas with like-minded individuals. We consider interns to be integral members of the MAD team who take responsibility in leading small projects while contributing to team meetings. The internship offers a wide range of insights into various parts of the organization: from development to event management, communications, and hands-on production. We try our best to create tasks and opportunities that match the intern’s education, interests, and skills. We expect all interns to be able to use their own computer and phone during the internship.
The role will involve a variety of projects and tasks and will allow the intern to take part in most aspects of MAD operations. The internship covers three major fields of work:
• 25% dedicated to MAD’s communication channels, including VILD MAD. The intern will help with analyzing the data of our social media channels, creating communication strategies–both short and long term–and developing content.
• 25% research of content, potential partners, guests, ideas, concepts, and more. The research can be with the intent of preparing for a future event, getting ready for meetings, and examining ideas and projects.
• 50% will be devoted to general operations. MAD is a fast-paced organization where tasks change on a daily basis. Jobs may include assisting in shipping, taking part in brainstorms and workshops, setting up meetings, and more. Generally speaking: making the organization run smoothly.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
• Natural communicator in both written and spoken English, Danish is a plus
• Able to distill complex ideas in engaging, inclusive, and fun ways
• Dexterity working with a wide variety of social media platforms
• Educational or professional experience in communications
• Experience in front or back of house restaurants is a plus; sense of hospitality
• Familiarity with gastronomy and the food industry, and pre-existing network in Denmark is a plus
• Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with all levels in the organization
• Proficient in MS Office programs, Google Drive, and Slack. Proficiency in Adobe Suite, WordPress and CRM platforms is a plus
• Able to use own computer and phone for work
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 31 July with ‘MAD Fall Intern’ written in the subject line.
MAD (taken from the Danish word for “food”) is a nonprofit organization founded by René Redzepi, head chef and owner of noma. MAD is transforming our food system by giving chefs and restaurateurs the skills, community, time, and space to create real and sustainable change in their restaurants, in their communities, and across the world. We build and support the cooking community in many different ways, from our flagship MAD Symposium, to the release of our new book series, MAD Dispatches, to our program aimed at disseminating foraging knowledge, VILD MAD.