Video Production Intern Description
MAD is seeking an intern to join the Communications Department at MAD during the summer and fall of 2018. MAD is a non-profit organization located in Copenhagen, Denmark, founded by noma chef René Redzepi. The MAD-team works in a fast-paced environment, where we cooperate through creativity and curiosity in making a difference. The video intern who spends time with us will be seen and treated as part of the MAD team, thus both being counted on to contribute in meetings and brainstorms, as well as being held accountable in delivering the work that is expected. The intern position is located in the MAD offices in Copenhagen, and we expect the intern to be able to use their own computer and phone during the internship.
As we are bringing back our symposium this year, all interns who spend time with us during the summer will be working closely with the planning and execution of the event. The dates of MAD6 are August 26 and 27 2018.
Description of the internship:
The digital footprint of MAD ranges across multiple platforms with a global audience of over 200.000 followers. We are particularly known for our videos from previous symposia. In 2017 our videos were viewed more than a million times on Youtube. This year at the symposium we want to produce even more content for our social channels. One of the tasks for our video intern is to develop and produce new video formats together with us. Working with the MAD team, you will be tasked with content development, posting content, tracking insights, analyzing data, and optimizing our communications, while also taking part in general development, brainstorms, research, and other support related to the day-to-day operations of MAD.
– Assist in maintaining, improving, and growing engagement, reach, and content on all social media platforms, website, and newsletters;
– Collaborate with MAD team members to brainstorm adjustments and additions to our existing strategy – both communications and in general;
– Assist in developing and implementing a week-long communications plan approved by MAD team members on a weekly basis, and including project- and holiday-specific content working back from key deliverable dates;
– Assist in developing video formats for our Youtube channel and our other social media channels.
– Keep up to date with global news in the food and restaurant sector, disseminating news that aligns with MAD’s mission;
– Analyze data and audience on all our platforms, and research and develop new ways to generate insights about our core audience.
Qualifications and skills:
– Educational or professional experience in media production and video editing;
– Dexterity working with a wide variety of social media platforms;
– Natural written communicator, able to distill complex ideas in engaging, inclusive and fun ways;
– Experience in front or back of house restaurant roles is a plus; sense of hospitality;
– Willing to roll up her sleeves to get the work done or go the extra mile; cool under pressure;
– Fluent in English, and ideally Danish as well;
– Familiarity with gastronomy and the food industry, and pre-existing network in Denmark is a plus;
– Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with all levels of the organization;
– Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Google Drive, and Slack. Proficiency in Adobe Suite, and CRM platforms;
– Able to use own computer and local phone for work;
The Video Production Intern joins a dynamic team that shares the pace, creativity, curiosity, and standards of excellence of our entire organization, and that brings a diversity of thought and of backgrounds to a lively communal table. The position is in Copenhagen, based in the MAD Offices. This is an unpaid role, and we ask that interns commit to a minimum of three months working with us. The internship is scheduled to start as early as possible, August 1st at the latest, and thus end in fall.
How to apply:
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘MAD Video Intern’ written in the subject line.