MAD (“food” in Danish) is a young and ambitious organization assisting and inspiring the cooking community to make a difference in their restaurants and the world at large. The MAD team works in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has high standards of creativity and excellence for all we do.
The Program Manager, who reports to the Executive Director, will jointly with the Content Manager, handle the planning, execution, and coordination of the MAD Symposium, a major international symposium, and MAD’s central platform. The Program Manager will manage MAD’s events from start to finish, including planning, design, execution, and post-event due diligence and follow-up. The role will support the development of the strategic vision for the events; be able to process and prioritize vast amounts of information and manage multiple projects with various degrees of complexity at the same time.
– Planning and execution of an international Symposium, and of a variety of smaller scale events
– Supervising all aspects of event operations from initial briefing to closing reconciliation
– Collaborating closely with internal and external stakeholders, including on content development
– Setting, communicating, and maintaining project timelines and priorities
– Negotiating and managing vendor agreements related to production, design, equipment, venues, and catering
– Overseeing production, quality assurance with all vendors, and leading production staff and volunteers
– Ensuring accurate and timely budgeting and reconciliation
– Maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
– At least three years of relevant experience organizing complex projects and large-scale international events;
– Proven track-record of delivering successful productions including event design, technical production, creative management, vendor and budget management
– Proven ability to negotiate, interpret contracts, and manage performance
– Strong organizational, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
– Self-motivated problem solver with an eye for details
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to provide relevant information
– An ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment while remaining proactive and resourceful
– Excellent oral and written English is required. Knowledge of Danish is an advantage
– Passion for MAD’s mission
This is a full-time position based in Copenhagen, Denmark. The start date is as early as possible.
MAD is a dynamic and growing international organization; roles and responsibilities will evolve over time, and the workload varies over time.
MAD, taken from the Danish word for “food,” is a nonprofit organization inspires and assists the restaurant community to make a difference in their restaurants, communities, and the world at large. Through a network, events, and media, MAD stimulates new conversations and perspectives; nurtures transformative ideas; and galvanizes the creative potential of the global cooking community. MAD also raises the funds crucial to supporting its projects and operations. MAD was established by chef René Redzepi of restaurant noma in 2011.
How to apply
The application deadline is December 19th. Interviews will take place in the first weeks of January.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter, and salary requirements in English to email@example.com Please mark the subject line: Program Manager.