MAD (“food”) is a young and ambitious organization assisting and inspiring the cooking community to make a difference in their restaurants, communities, and the world at large. The MAD team works in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has high standards of creativity and excellence for all we do.
The Management Coordinator reports to the Executive Director of MAD. The role provides administrative support and manages special projects and programs to support MAD’s core programs. This position will allow significant growth for the right candidate.
– Manage communications and correspondence with internal and external stakeholders
– Manage special projects, meetings, and events, including, but not limited to, board meetings and donor visits
– As may be needed, take projects and initiatives from concept and planning to successful launch and completion, including project plans, budgets, metrics, and post-project analysis reports
– Research, write, and edit presentations, briefings, proposals, and reports
– Coordinate and manage various administrative processes for the ED, including scheduling, purchasing, travel arrangements, and expenses
– Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and online filing system for new projects
– Build, maintain and enhance effective working and collaborative relationships with partners
– Four or more years relevant experience and a passion for food-related issues
– Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills in English; such skills in Danish are a plus
– A strategic thinker; self-motivated, professional, resourceful, and detail-oriented
– Willing to roll up his/her sleeves to get the work done or go the extra mile; cool under pressure
– Familiarity with the restaurant world, and a pre-existing network in Denmark is a plus
– Experience writing funding proposals and familiarity with European foundations are a plus
– Great interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people
– Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at the same time
– Proficient in Microsoft Office and other programs that are essential to the day-to-day needs of the organization
– Fluency in English is a requirement; fluency in other languages, especially Danish, is a plus
This is a full-time position based in Copenhagen, Denmark. The start date is as early as possible.
MAD is a dynamic and growing international organization and can offer a vibrant, exciting workplace, where we are working the ideas that matter most in food.
MAD, taken from the Danish word for “food,” is a nonprofit organization inspires and assists the restaurant community to make a difference in their restaurants, communities, and the world at large. Through a network, events, and media, MAD stimulates new conversations and perspectives; nurtures transformative ideas; and galvanizes the creative potential of the global cooking community. MAD also raises the funds crucial to supporting its projects and operations. MAD was established by chef René Redzepi of restaurant noma in 2011.
How to apply
The application deadline is December 19th. Interviews will take place in the first weeks of January.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter, and salary requirements in English to email@example.com
Please mark the subject line: Management Coordinator.